The History of Valentines Day and the story of its patron’s is shrouded in mystery. We do know that February has long been celebrated as a month of romance and that St Valentines day as we know it today contains prestige’s of both Christian and roman tradition. Authors, poets and playwrights have been trying to capture love in words for thousands of years. Their work speaks to the enduring power of love across the ages of human history. Check out this collection of quotes about love from some of the world’s most famous romantics.
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.– Aristotle
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.– Lao Tzu
- My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite.– William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
- How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.– Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.-Helen Keller
- Love does not dominate; it cultivates.– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love.– Leo Tolstoy
- I have learned not to worry about love; but to honor its coming with all my heart.– Alice Walker
If love letter aren’t your strong point then how about saying “I Love You” with jewellery. Everyone has different idea’s when it comes to valentines gifts so how about taking inspiration from one of the world’s most well known romantic couple. One of the most famous valentines gifts was to Elizabeth Taylor from Richard Burton. He gifted Elizabeth a 16th Century La Peregrina Pearl- One of the world’s largest and most symmetrically perfect pear shaped pearl in the world. Gifted to Elizabeth in 1969 she then had Cartier set the pearl into the beautiful necklace we know today.
If you want to follow in Richard Burton’s steps and wow the one you love on Valentine’s day with pearls take a look at these stunning piece’s from Steven Stone.
18ct White Gold Diamond & Pearl Drop Earrings £875 18ct White Gold Diamond & Pearl Drop Pendant £695.00 If pearls aren’t your thing then why not take a leaf out of David Beckham’s book who reportedly gave Victoria a $8,00000.00 Bulgari Diamond and Ruby Necklace in 2008 for Valentines.
Diamonds are one of the most popular Valentines gifts and engagement rings choice, take a look at these beautiful hand picked pieces- There sure to make hearts melt.
These beautiful earrings feature pear shaped diamonds set into cool 18ct white gold for a unique twist on the classic diamond stud £995. 18ct White Gold Round Brilliant Diamond Pendant with 16 Inch Trace Chain £575
Happy Valentines x