Interesting Facts about Diamond Engagement Rings
We have put together some interesting facts about diamond engagement rings, to help you on your quest to find the perfect diamond and setting. It’s important that you buy an engagement ring wisely, as its one of the main important pieces of jewellery that symbolizes love and devotion to commit to marriage. For a man, choosing a ring can be one of the most difficult purchases they will make, especially with so many choices and jewellers out there. When purchasing a diamond there is lots of different options to consider. What you buy mainly comes down to taste and budget – we have put together some interesting facts to help you buy the perfect ring.
- Depending on the quality, a diamond can costs anything from £300-£1 million.
- Buying online can save you money and a lot of hassle. Good, online jewellers will always offer discounts, GIA certificated diamonds, return policy, as well as great assistance and education.
- Learn the 4Cs – cut, carat weight, clarity and colour – of a diamond before you buy.
- the most popular diamond cut used in engagement rings are round brilliant cut diamonds
- The Second most popular cut is princess cut diamonds square shaped
- There are three main settings for an engagement ring – solitaire – the diamond is set on its own, shoulder set – the ring is set with smaller diamonds on the shoulders and three stone – the ring is set with three diamonds.
- Diamonds can be set in prongs, bezels – where a band of metal is soldered in place so the diamond is completely surrounded by a precious metal, and tension set, where the diamond is held in place with pressure and not prongs or a bezel.