If you are quite traditional, here are 5 top ways to propose to your other half.
1. Propose at your favourite restaurant A popular way to propose to your girlfriend is during a romantic meal, where you both love to eat at your favourite restaurant. You can get creative with how you pop the question. Why not ask the waiter/waitress to hide the ring in something she has ordered or you could copy some of the greatest romantic films and get down on one knee in front of everyone in the restaurant. The possibilities are endless!
2. Propose at the place you met Sometimes it can be romantic to take your partner back to the place you first met or had your first date. If it’s too difficult to get there, you could choose a place that has great significance for the two of you - maybe somewhere you always visit.
3. Propose at a special time of year Popular occasions are a good time to propose, the most obvious of course being Valentine’s Day. The Christmas holiday and New Year’s Eve are also popular days to propose. Just make sure you’ve made plans in advance because these periods are busy!
4. Propose on holiday How about making a special trip to somewhere a little different to create a proposal to remember? It can be somewhere exotic or perhaps near a famous landmark. Either way make sure you research before hand to find somewhere suitably romantic.
5. Propose at Home Proposing at home may not seem very special but it does mean that you can completely control the scenario and create a completely romantic environment. It’s also cost effective if you are on a budget and if your partner is a private person you can share the moment without any prying eyes.