Frequently Asked Questions
Find out all you need to know about diamonds, our customer service policies and anything else you need to know about making a purchase with Steven Stone. If there is something you can't find, please get in touch with one of our team members via our contact page.
- WHAT IS THE 1,2,3 STEP SYSTEM FOR BUYING AN ENGAGEMENT RING?
- Steven Stone is a bespoke jewellers, meaning we only hold a small stock of preset engagement rings and make every piece specially for each customer. Our service is second to none, with GIA trained staff at all of our showrooms. On our website we use the 1,2,3 step so you can find the perfect setting and diamond and then review your purchase before you buy. This means you can get the best setting, and diamond for your money. Then leave it to us to cast the ring and set the diamond at our Cheshire & London workshops.
- HOW CAN I BE SURE OF THE QUALITY OF MY DIAMOND?
- Our Diamonds are 100% natural and all come with a GIA certificate to prove this.
- DO YOUR PRODUCTS COME WITH A HALLMARK?
- Yes, all of our products come with a UK hallmark. The hallmark is a stamp of proof, to display which metal the product is made from e.g. Gold, Platinum.
FIND OUT MORE
- HOW ARE THE ITEMS PACKAGED AND PRESENTED?
- At Steven Stone presentation is very important, so we ensure ever last detail is perfect when you purchase diamonds or jewellery from us. Every order is delivered ready to give to that special someone.
- WHAT IS THE CARAT QUALITY OF THE GOLD?
- All gold sold by Steven Stone is Hallmarked 18ct.
- IS THERE A SHOWROOM WHERE I CAN VIEW YOUR PRODUCTS?
- Yes, we have showrooms in Hale and London. If you would like to view our array of jewellery and diamonds please stop by or call to arrange an appointment.
- WHAT ARE CONFLICT DIAMONDS?
- A conflict diamond, also known as a war diamond or a blood diamond, is mined in a war zone and usually sold in order to finance an insurgent or invading army's war efforts. Steven Stone does NOT deal in these diamonds. All our diamonds come with a GIA certificate.
- DO YOU PROVIDE A VALUATION CERTIFICATE WITH YOUR PRODUCTS?
- Yes, we do provide a free certificate of valuation with all products sold by Steven Stone for over £1000. You can also request valuations for other items on request, although this may be chargeable.
- DO YOU OFFER AFTERCARE AND MAINTENANCE ON PRODUCTS?
- Yes, we offer a few different options for product care, please call 0800 080 3535 for further information.
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO RE-SIZE A RING?
- If you happen to get the size wrong then we can alter the ring but we do charge a standard fee of £50, plus £10 extra for platinum. If you don't know the size of the ring, then we can make it as an our stock size and that can be changed at a later date, at no additional cost. Please note: Rings that have diamonds all the way round cannot be re-sized.
FIND OUT MORE
- CAN I RETURN MY RING IF I'M NOT HAPPY?
- Yes, if you are not happy with your ring then it can be returned please click here for the terms and conditions of returns.
- CAN I EXCHANGE A RING?
- Yes, if you are not happy with your ring then it can be exchanged for something else, please click here for the terms and conditions for exchanges.
- CAN I UPGRADE MY RING IN THE FUTURE?
- Yes, we can buy back the ring usually at the same price you purchased it at, minus the VAT, and then you would just pay the difference in price for the new piece of jewellery.
- WHY BUY A DIAMOND ON THE INTERNET?
- We have dedicated ourselves to providing the best service to all of our customers. We understand that our clients have extremely busy lifestyles, so we have customised our services to allow them to browse at their leisure. We always strive to maintain the best prices on the market. Our goal is to provide excellent prices without sacrificing the expected personal service and trust when making such an important purchase.
- WHO DO I SPEAK TO IF I NEED HELP OR ASSISTANCE?
- Please call 0800 080 3535 to speak to one of our diamond experts.
- CAN I ORDER OVER THE PHONE?
- Yes. To order over the phone please call us on 0800 080 3535. When ordering over the phone you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. Please find all of our terms and conditions here.
- WHAT PAYMENT TYPES DO YOU ACCEPT?
- We accept the following cards:
We also accept cheques and bank transfers.
- DO YOU HAVE A BROCHURE?
- Yes, please contact us if you would like a copy of our brochure.
- CAN ITEMS BE SENT TO A DIFFERENT DELIVERY ADDRESS?
- If you would like your order delivered to a different delivery address please read over our conditions regarding this and contact us. We want to ensure all items are received by the correct person but we will accommodate your needs as much as possible.
- HOW LONG WILL MY ORDER TAKE TO ARRIVE?
- This depends on the type of item that's been ordered. Stocked items are usually delivered the next working day and items made to order can take 10-20 working days. To get a confirmed or expedited delivery date please contact us on 0800 080 3535.
- WHICH COURIER COMPANY DO YOU USE?
- Within the United Kingdom, we send all of our parcels via Royal Mail Special Delivery. For outside the UK we use Royal Mail International Delivery for all parcels outside the United Kingdom. All deliveries sent by Steven Stone are fully insured.
- WHAT IS A VALUATION CERTIFICATE?
- A valuation certificate is a document that states the full retail value of a diamond or of a piece of jewellery. This is used for insurance purposes. All our products worth over £1000 are provided with this certificate.
RING SIZE INFORMATION
- THE RING I WANT TO BUY IS A SURPRISE, HOW DO I CHOOSE THE CORRECT SIZE?
- It would be almost impossible to guess an accurate ring size therefore your best bet is to purchase the ring and have it re-sized after your proposal. However any rings with diamonds set all the way round cannot be resized.
- DO YOU CHARGE TO RESIZE A RING?
- Yes if you have asked for a ring to be made a certain size and found out that it does not fit then we do charge a fee of £50 for 18ct gold and £60 for platinum. Please note: Rings that have diamonds all the way round cannot be re-sized. If you are uncertain of the size we can make the ring to an average ladies finger size, then we do not charge for changing the size.
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO MEASURE MY RING SIZE?
- We can help with measuring the correct ring size in to our showroom or you could pop into any local jewellers. For more information please check our ring size guide.
Contact Us. Get in touch with one of our experts, we guarantee a reply within 5 working hours. No matter what the question we are here to help