Why choose a Princess Cut Diamond for Your Engagement RingPrincess cut diamonds are a relatively new cut and shape diamond, roughly developed in the 1960s. Since their development the stunning square shape has become a popular jewel to be set in an engagement ring – and here’s why;
- The diamond was designed to combine the brilliance of a round diamond and the contemporary shape of a square cut diamond.
- The fact that the diamond is named princess cut gives it a romantic appeal.
- The diamond is square shaped with soft corners, making it look extra elegant.
- The diamond looks beautiful set singulary, with two sifde stones or with smaller diamonds set on the shoulders.
- The diamond is often referred to as the ‘Love Squared Diamond’.
- The brilliant cut of the diamond makes it a fancy shaped diamond, along with round brilliant cut diamonds.